Saturday, March 9, 2013

Trading in Nick Carter for Chris Young

 
I have (finally) succeeded in seeing my current country obsession in concert last night. Honestly from the moment I heard his voice I was hooked, he has this growl that just sends shivers down my spine and he sounded just as good live. The only thing to compare my excitement in the days leading up to last night would be the excitement I had to see Backstreet Boys perform back in the 90's. Of course my twenty-three year old self toned down the melodramatic squeals and caffeine induced stooper, and instead swapped these for "single lady" woes and a mellow tipsy off Amaretto Sours. Either way Chris managed to rock my world at Winstar, and even though I'm down $10 from playing the slots, he managed to pull me out of the blues I've been traveling in for awhile.

 
 
And while I wish I could've heard my favorite song, he did play something off his new record which I'm on pins and needles waiting for. But none the less I'm going to share my favorite lyrics:
 
Center of My World
My whole life changed the moment I met you
And here we are like Heaven only knew
There could be ten thousand people fillin’ up this room
But in my mind, far as I’m concerned, it’s just me and you

White Lighting Hit the Family Tree
Well cousin Johnny was a gator
Jimmy was a UT fan
And that football talk
was quickly gettin out of hand
Granny told Uncle Dave that she hated his guts
Got right up in his face said, your whole famn damily's nuts
Chicken legs got to flyin'
And the whoop started hittin' the fan


I'm also completely in love with his two cover songs "Rose in Paradise (Feat. Willie Nelson)" and "Rainy Night in Georgia".




Okay, I might have let a few squeals out.


No comments:

Post a Comment